|Eggs hollandaise from King Street. Perfectly poached eggs, fresh sourdough bread and homemade hollandaise sauce. I could drool forever. The french toast in the background is also looking pretty good right now. Can you tell I'm hungry?|
I sound like a glutinous pig, but one of he main reasons I miss Perth is the food. Living in Australia with such a diverse mix of nationalities and cultures we get to eat so many amazing types of food. Here are the ten dishes I plan to stuff my face with when I get home.
- Chinese steamed pork buns
- Fresh Vietnamese spring rolls made by Alex
- Pad Thai
- Chocolate croissants
- Fruit loaf from Barret's bakery
- Long mac's
- Thai green chicken curry
- Eggs Hollandaise: see photo.
- Vegetable tempura and miso soup from Takas Kitchen
In my bid to be diplomatic here is my list of Norwegian food I will miss. Norway has the best climate for berries, and the much better diary products than Australia. Norwegian milk, cheese, yoghurt and chocolate, yes please!
- Kjøttkake: Norwegain meat balls.
- Brunost: Brown cheese.
- Krotekake- click to see link
- Norwegian Easter eggs! They are blowing my mind!
- Kolhrabi stappe: mashed swedes.
- Boiled salmon.
- Sundepølse: a local sausage from the area my grandmother lives.
- Norwegian berries: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, red currants, blackberries. They are amazing! Sweet, juicy and not expensive.
- Beetroot salad.
- Kvik lunsj: The Norwegian version of the Kit Kat.