Saturday, March 19, 2011

Food I want to eat right now!

Eggs hollandaise from King Street. Perfectly poached eggs, fresh sourdough bread and homemade hollandaise sauce. I could drool forever. The french toast in the background is also looking pretty good right now. Can you tell I'm hungry?


I sound like a glutinous pig, but one of he main reasons I miss Perth is the food. Living in Australia with such a diverse mix of nationalities and cultures we get to eat so many amazing types of food. Here are the ten dishes I plan to stuff my face with when I get home.

  1. Chinese steamed pork buns
  2. Fresh Vietnamese spring rolls made by Alex
  3. Pad Thai
  4. Chocolate croissants
  5. Fesenjan
  6. Fruit loaf from Barret's bakery
  7. Long mac's
  8. Thai green chicken curry
  9. Eggs Hollandaise: see photo.
  10. Vegetable tempura and miso soup from Takas Kitchen
PLUS: Cake at Kind Street Cafe 

In my bid to be diplomatic here is my list of Norwegian food I will miss. Norway has the best climate for berries, and the much better diary products than Australia. Norwegian milk, cheese, yoghurt and chocolate, yes please!
  1. Kjøttkake: Norwegain meat balls.
  2. Brunost: Brown cheese.
  3. Krotekake- click to see link
  4. Norwegian Easter eggs! They are blowing my mind!
  5. Kolhrabi stappe: mashed swedes.
  6. Boiled salmon.
  7. Sundepølse: a local sausage from the area my grandmother lives.
  8. Norwegian berries: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, red currants, blackberries. They are amazing! Sweet, juicy and not expensive.
  9. Beetroot salad.
  10. Kvik lunsj: The Norwegian version of the Kit Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment